TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
DIY Aeroponic Tower Supporter
Aeroponic Assembly Guide Supporter
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
For the winter garden I ended up going with a 5x2' grow tent to put in the basement as this fit real well behind the basement door and doesn't take up an absorbent amount of space. Originally I was thinking about putting a larger tent (something like a 8x8') in the garage. Before investing in that amount of space I figured to test it out with something more manageable. I doubt something larger will be needed though because I won't mix grow methods in a single tent. It will only be hydroponics in a single tent. Really this is to help eliminate bug infestations that can come from soils. One of the biggest issues of growing outdoors last summer was losing lettuces and fruits to pests so I'm trying to take good measures to try and prevent those issues from the beginning.

The plan is to put 2 aeroponic towers in the tent. One tower will be only ever bearing strawberries and the other tower will be herbs and lettuces.

1702781934286.png

I still have to build/repair my aeroponic towers from the summer grow(s) so I figured planting seeds would help provide the motivation to get that going! So for the time being the tent looks a little empty but that will soon change.

IMG_1031.jpeg

The only thing hooked up to the grow tent controller right now is the exhaust fan in case the tent gets too hot (doubt it will) and the grow light. No need to have anything running at the moment.

IMG_1030.jpeg

Once I get more done/setup I'll post another update!
Check back soon :)