Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
DIY Aeroponic Tower Supporter
Aeroponic Assembly Guide Supporter
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
Hey All!

I've been playing around with LST a little bit after 3D printing some LST training clips and wanted to share what that looks like on my basil plant.

If you don't know what LST is you can check out my other post "Maximizing Plant Growth: The Versatility of Low Stress Training (LST)" to get a high level view what it's all about!

When the stems are still bendable you just wrap them around a LST clip and they will quickly adjust and start growing back upward. This not only puts a cool look/design to your stem(s) but is also very beneficial to the plant with improved airflow and better light distribution.

This also helps you grow bushier plants and yield more in a smaller space. Or if you let it grow out and repeat this process over and over with new growth you'll eventually end up with a massive plant!

The pictures below demonstrate this process and what less than a week of change looks like when using LST!

1704629508198.png

1704629574395.png

1704629583550.png

1704629594270.png

1704629601849.png

1704629610230.png

1704629622204.png

1704629649761.png

As you can see from the photos the clip leans the plant over without damaging the stem and it quickly starts to correct itself and grows toward the light once again.

The clips I'm using I 3D printed. These were designed by PLASTX_LAB and the STL file can be purchased here so you can 3D print it as well! Don't have a 3D printer? No problem you can purchase similar clips on places such as Amazon if needed. But you can also do LST with wire, string, and other household items!

Give this a try on your next good candidates for LST and I'm sure you'll be amazed on the difference it makes.