TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
DIY Aeroponic Tower Supporter
Aeroponic Assembly Guide Supporter
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
One thing I encountered for the first time last week was a water pump failure. Well... sort of. I refilled my water reservoir like I normally do which was fine and dandy. Luckily I always stick around for the next water cycle to make sure all is well and good before leaving it unattended. I had mounted my water pump vertically thinking it would be no big deal whatsoever. Well, that's was WRONG. It had been working no problem until I filled my tower which I had done many times prior to this. Somehow the water hit the pump just right and caused the pump to water lock which caused it not to pump at all! This was because the pump was vertical. The pump I had purchased didn't mention what orientation the pump needed to be but once the pump was flat on the bottom all was well and pumping better than it was before.
Yeah so just note little things like that when choosing pumps. Not sure if I could have caught that anywhere since it wasn't in the booklet on how to orient the device.
But overall just happy I always check to make sure things are working at least once a day.