Unleash Your Creativity with 3D Printed Aeroponic Towers!

TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
DIY Aeroponic Tower Supporter
Aeroponic Assembly Guide Supporter
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
DIY Aeroponic Grow Tower Your Way

Welcome fellow Tower Builders!

We are thrilled to introduce you to our exclusive DIY Aeroponic Tower section, where your aeroponic gardening journey takes on a whole new dimension. As a premium member, you have unlocked a world of possibilities, allowing you to harness the power of 3D printing and build your very own custom aeroponic towers.

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your support and commitment to urban hydroponics and aeroponics!

What sets this section apart is the access to a vast collection of 3D printer STL files. These files enable you to create intricate and customized components for your aeroponic towers using a 3D printer. From unique tower designs to specialized fittings and connectors, the possibilities are endless.

To complement the 3D printer STL files, we provide a comprehensive parts list, ensuring you have all the necessary components to bring your vision to life. Whether it's sourcing the perfect water pump, spray nozzles, or tubing, we have carefully curated a list of high-quality items that align with the specifications of your chosen 3D printed design.

But we don't stop there. We understand that embarking on a DIY project can sometimes be daunting, especially for those new to the world of 3D printing and aeroponic systems. That's why we have also prepared an easy-to-follow assembly guide that walks you through each step of the building process. This guide serves as your trusted companion, offering clear instructions, helpful tips, and troubleshooting advice to ensure your success.

We encourage you to embrace your creativity and let your imagination soar as you explore the possibilities of 3D printing your own aeroponic towers. Customize your designs, experiment with different configurations, and share your creations with the community. The joy of seeing your vision materialize into a fully functional and aesthetically pleasing aeroponic tower is immeasurable.

Thank you once again for your support, trust, and enthusiasm. We are honored to be part of your journey as you embark on this exciting DIY adventure. Should you have any questions, feedback, or ideas to share, our dedicated support team is here to assist you every step of the way.

Get ready to unlock your creativity, build a sustainable future, and make a lasting impact with your own 3D printed aeroponic towers.

Happy building!

Parts/Shopping List:
  • 4” PVC (schedule 40) Pipe (Make O.D. measures 4.5”) in whatever height you want - I did 5’
    • You may see a thin walled option that is cheaper. GET THE THICK WALLED!
  • ½” schedule 40 PVC pipe in same height as 4”
  • ½” schedule 40 PVC coupler (to glue at one end so it will allow pipe to hang from the water distribution piece/part.
  • ½”” adapter for water pump line.
  • Water pump (make sure to get one that has a lift rating at tall as your tower or else the water wont pump to the top)
    • Amazon Link for a 2 Pack! Current price of ~$30 makes each pump $15 which not only is a great price but is ALWAYS good to have a spare in case your pump goes out. Once a pump stops working you only have a matter of a hour or so before plants start to suffer! Not to mention you can use the second pump to transfer nutrient water into your tower bucket(s) easily!
  • M4 screws (or similar) with washers and nuts (to attach pipe flange to bucket lid)
  • Phillips screws (stainless steel) number 6 x ½” (to attach pod holders, bucket flange to PVC pipe, aeroponic top to 4” PVC, and tube support part inside the 4” PVC pipe.)
  • Food safe bucket - I got a 5gal from Lowes
  • 100% Silicone - Clear (to make top, flange, and all pod holders water tight)
  • 2 ⅛” (54mm) Hole Saw
  • 5” (127mm)Hole Saw
    • Hole Saw Set from Harbor Freight works great! This set comes with both sizes needed for this build!
    • Heres also an Amazon Link if you don't have a Harbor Freight close!
  • 2” x 2 ¾” Net Cups
    • Amazon Link ) for 100 net cups that I purchased. It's good to have extra's on hand for future builds, replacements as they break, and starting new seeds when currently plants are nearing the end of their life so you can rotate plants in and out to shorten the seed to harvest timeframe!
Print List and Settings:
  • 1x Top Cap Bolt (printed with 20% infill)
  • 1x Top Cap (printed with 20% infill)
  • 1x Water Distributor (printed with 20% infill)
  • 1x Tube Support (printed with 20% infill)
  • 1x Pipe Flange (printed with 40-50% infill)
  • Net Cup Holders (printed with 100% infill) (However many you want)
  • Net Cup Cap (printed with 20% infill) (As needed when you don’t have plants in all net cup holders)
The STL print files are located on Printables.com on the Customizable Aeroponic/Hydroponic Tower project page.

Printing all the parts is really straight forward. No supports are needed on any of the parts. Print the net cup holders vertically with Brim to make sure proper adhesion to the build plate (see image below)
The rest of the settings will depend on what printer you have and what brand PETG you’re printing with.

4nAZn7GhZ0gGbn07NC_14p7S0uchHL59Rtef7xbhEmUvnDq_iQLMY-QBEvZ0AnKQvIu8AWpHB4yFrgzPZDHnJWqRHuVmd2yrjBBGlgX6B9ZPpod9EXrp69Mmc28P7cv7eVab-05wjC6YKFu7cb4og2Q

Using your 5” (127 mm hole saw), drill a hole in the center of your bucket’s lid, as shown below.

LtGmyAxlWEVVaeo-RYVcwUd4CsDZ9akBHo6pN4U5999S0uQpT9AZGekc4XnTS6e0I9JZgAxURfkIvBK5FtJkXoaiLg2PDt6QNWcAKCY1JfD6Jp60tkyeUpR2LfTtym-4_ni8NG0X01AnyKybK4xEXyA

Test fit your bucket flange in the hole.
qDnqOmvuSQRqNrgYjbhgLRU_eUB-smjcneMgRYA2JPF2gDt-PwX-yJJg-qC9ydBuvCVtEYJEWMyipV01xIKPEojVyrhVZRFU7Q5CRyjyoNIxIbc_MmuWEIVk5jNJTQv9RA_FYlQPx5cN9_TilNWsPBw

Insert your 4” PVC pipe into the flange so the flange is higher on the PVC than the height of the bucket.

ajcW0SILmUALOEKLqTKiyRmnyccvXBB2erlihdXvbdtWnJfDvFQU_xkBqLyCt464fYr8roqjAl_zcjxwu5EMDIASnE-exOTWeg5TvW3EiTNZFpe2K_0WsDxCzz9wVU8i65WryiAmtbc68QVgMy28p8Y

Now insert the PVC pipe into the bucket through the hole in the lid. With the PVC pipe at the bottom of the bucket, push the flange down the PVC pipe until it presses firming against the bucket’s lid. (This is a very important step to make sure the PVC pipe is at the bottom of the bucket because this is what provides the tower support from being wobbly.)

_D6wFo-_9O4aKiIrnCf91wnyyrIlbKmvub20xJO9IZKIh0sgyGGzL40bykgduJCkjjAyjuNsDcH9qVJIhl5Hd1K-1kUFngv16xEeL71JeOTm6KYvS8NVl7670hO9g5DyAQKtYRHSN3gdUjoRMGzlwCk

Remove the PVC pipe from the bucket and mark the flange location with a marker.

BKtoJBDE0xmj9jH0BihVDO2Gv0ArrR0q8fDGQNjjxnL7SagPkwTpfPmiImA3UkhXIoyBLo2r51Ven_2F2D_egPdFvagUVLWW19NOSsAu44n0kDMK3yORk5cQWwP4YV_BTmLlB3Uj1h3D9Mnr2rw2DNs

iI-1x_rMVTk-hEKk4zSnPyYhDd8fogGx-Fkt9h9OaxzPEfJwXHxVdIjVNDr95T4L6xURnb8ymeG9TcDjm2UU6BG6XXnOB2OO0rwH9YNmUiG-YEm9ctIIse8bNBzNq2MRwNnNAtrYWTg9-N23wBdeYVM

If the bucket lid you chose is white or another light color, it will be a really good idea to paint it black to help limit the amount of light coming into the water reservoir. When light comes into this bucket it can increase the changes of algae growth.
a94Fb14d_LJU39u-6fhz8l86tKzvp8xhhi1zAIg65I8aCH6D02IBGgdO15Tzmo-X1dIBq4C4to2ATa-HpfZjjsPrfeHq5v0fnEZy_7CqBUpklIb9m8qVxRlxPLUBL4qjNjk3Fii5pseUF9CgF9pA_R0

Rd1bXqhISD5YvswtAaosMn_sxRcv-5p4wt_Bd04gyhhfEpsVh1T85wfSB2-kJQi9byDG3hnJxOPHuaMynWb3FmdIvcDRc_LuuN7GQWyjuO86kyJGhFszZ02vBf6IlTQSkT_i1a3AE9_4IGGdhWDDtZw

Once dry, put the lid back on the bucket and insert the PVC pipe with the flange to help keep it sturdy. Then figure out how you want to space out your net cup holders and dry fit them by securing them with the screws. (DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN SCREWS! Screws that are too tight will crack the net cup holders that took a long time to print!) Once everything looks the way you want, take your marker and trace the inside of each net cup holder.

7yDdXzj1t2BH9VNBuKFttNUVarPtjWOZu-IOIffXTovZld40hvpsPiNWrbzPeCaK6ACEj3ZlaZ1_wkR1NoZ_syoAChK61qWJ08t9sGuG_toMKLfstPBS86WH6vSsL0ekIJBXMaP5y8RH1xb8ubZlukc

Once all net cup holders are traced, remove all the net cup holders from the tower.

XNkoRC7mtVFVVSSljMNpZUIzF2S6p7TZI18OCbOYoUzoP-nXx1NQHW9QVnazKnmfjBR9xxAp9t_sSNLnGIouwT79a4YY3dJG1Mqt-WRHeMgLu05fHqLIdWIDRZ5PYhsAE1kS2-UBXXIb9hBJu7IAanM

Using your 2 ⅛” (54mm) hole saw, start by drilling in the center of the circle with the drill bit.

nbbjtpXF0_KVsZewPzDxvC3go1EhmOs1MhvvCUM6-im1qfK7UWgWpQPWgCYFA77GRVJZ2Nx6tIEDOb_Xhp1ggDMvBSf2tCao0Mt0wWzXQ003T0vQweWJXiTGwLS94CvBb3sWwWtddYxLRZ2CLCbe39A

Once drill bit has penetrated the PVC pipe, drill the hole saw at a roughly 45 degree angle. This will help ensure the net cups will move freely in and out of the tower.

--dkYVSw-3HWLlps_BU_6HdbGc0T8zI0kVC7e26bRskthK6wr8noNDfFhNJGCIHpQKPfCcVjRKUqin6-FuH_Doa91-pWPup5DucddeXaN2LIzNLX5l17YHp_GH5ShG6X1SdfTVCUOEdiLKsoA82VJeM

GsZYZXUi_toYGCQjPPmM7BOKzQJ0RRsrCYyB2Jg2niS3ESKy5WAtuI6Vou5VNEOPpKcA-HFzyKJlZFultcN5n_SS-aToepHNUXsyAsaZ0y2D9Dzuy0JRp8Nc8G4ARmeVloJbUIURdEWsUoJ8zmzB0Vo

Using a razor or box cutter, ream the excess from the hole to clean it up.

Ba7H16UWA5Tx4GJF_qb0TzhkgXlPH9wgp1ng-fQPQDrNxUPHrFFFtCMvB-faVS9G8IJkqaqfjUj2Kt1VC6AqMSz-JmmdxIwwo6iS4vg4_xX9g2l_ACsTCxpApBkLaA5KwoHfrRPMsfD3YvBYfxip5ZM

05q8RFJYCOVEvrvRWUPbwPoxF7_bdq0ZC53QuQvo_1UEXdRaMgu76GLPck6VflNwBMsEpvWTZOhfvwJ6-FwhBACiBoDQXxv87zQ4RkrZy46GztFDX5zkC2IbuWILi4dVI9UIHWqhM-PJgwAkA2mVSps

Flip the tower upside down and drill holes all over below the flange. This will allow water to easily flow back into the reservoir.

t15_7iR-Ne89bZtLlObEf609YLsUdyEDthAT8nv--Mw_dEvn187EXpQriOfLEqa_7OqUQly-FK2QYzLt_zLc1k5xtLR29we_Ni7jOK4e95BrR_fk4iT9HhsVCUfclDWBX0gviZ64ZujvDqkWtLbQewY

Now take your tube support and insert it into the PVC pipe, and secure it by running screws through the pipe into the support, as shown below. At this point you can also secure the flange to the PVC with the screws.

rrzxTjDNj7h67KeXTWrjsFjMPsoqXK-fV3Bni9LI9kYlE5RT-N-WZk0xuCLz8N3napeRoNgkV6FAWB8xFcmoFpIB3Q0_ZLephVyOM1le_qz1eNbqaQgY8tp696sKgj1DjtZqb9joh3fihG-5JBSzeTI

0gm_w47rhoRC4sV2Q8nZv-jC30kYbvZFzE0MhX-EBJBpbUtCpEXfQ2Bd6XGiui-OD1QrhNafC6Ruz3sPaaZ9DfGEA4fDWtX8ca2cRUk9RS84SWeP6ZhDuz5KgrdN9MDXUo14rYtkXjRmjaYkW-vavQo

Now open your tube of 100% silicone. Apply a generous amount on the bottom side of the flange and insert the pipe into the bucket’s lid. Firming pressing it down, you should see silicone coming out from under the flange. This will ensure we have enough silicone applied.
Secure the flange with the nuts, bolts, and washers. Bolts should be tight but remember to not overtighten as this could crack the PETG flange. Once secure, using your finger and a paper towel/rag wipe off the excess silicone.

pw69dHYJu4g_VoFHS4CijBXO_9EC_7PYM9x6FrETh_mN_Xq8gJbqaa3_0C_KMaVyWen8uv7fA5BrQakAuP8OP3RPi1axLFzxIT3d7T1Tril267U86GfRnOfYAlH9V7TGFO95vlVgAMkwyd-pG9wujIo

qo2xxtFftz5yHHAJh80v5Q0vStAbSoCQCgGL7qgCL7ORVO2_pY279OYL2K1pvdL8eRmdf-mnqr7avq73X9JbwcVppQWH9jMGH40P4XwSi0TFdY8bSG2tkRJck11EENBfVMo0BK27xYkQCKimKzCnP_Q

cQ4WSDabMCjj03n4DqpH0LqLbv0UXwtWw9hqrcqhR2IjHYlKy0QdTChljqxuuGGCV29hnr9nqi9Nfrkr9H1m38c8OIhsKQxN55eArLJBu4jbmmghRk1JpPGOtlf2DzhTMBV2B2_tZSFwwsMot_vo0tU

Now apply a generous amount of silicone around the net cup hole.

qEnP3XunU16LEHkAyOOHg2lfqXe9EIriJVHY5yEItqgWYsUOfXywAJYelkTOAVw9EKbtLJQfQP31QQZFY_G22z5S_T34wT-rG6UZVM6wk4LqYiONikAliPaPADezoNyXdFQkQekIHYtxUQN9ohEajxk

Press the net cup holder firmly against the PVC pipe. The silicone will hold it in place. Next get your screws and secure the holder to the PVC pipe as you did when tracing the holders.
Repeat this for all net cup holders, wiping the excess silicone off as you go.

PwUxTnQe7m1Z1VYe_FoEKMgjN5F9ow7c06_U1ROq9OZIwWnumJou20yVgk5HJlV2M56Dh68pPjUCPx8ENqWfa-AYXFSyPUjzK6-lNqucGavGoeaH-yluC4VM_RNtWhaVfwIyVc9kjvXOmsMf0TjmFGg

Insert the ½” PVC into the tower and attach the adapter you chose for the water pump hose. Pictured below is a 3D printed one that actually failed so I got an adapter from my local hardware store instead.

hAgtE02diJ29d7yJ8sJHNZoDkVQ4sdkAlSEhbcrXKTl0eSk1DG5xxr4GqSiH_0WTfGNagkMN1j60cSFKeuvcT1BHsvYOuo4hSCq3ltQe_-uHBkMJH_IEd9Rfmbtg9vbsUGuaQPBt_yH1POmsHCu6V_g

s6JvKITCsN7WhED6UXdmcUgOydFE8QZLa8gF1UMzBqSjWMXjjzEWfIig2iEv8kOh89NTo-0Hj0Ut-zPjIWRzxIWaDpR0D8OsgnEAt9RQOvPE-nM8ONOBIxt-Nao9ag8zAdexem-0Eyjlv7g8UPSldOU

RjiYQcikI9VJAftMLdLFcTck-VZDlpvyqY9DjpKUatLuqjtQx1cQo2oGOKfa7yahIZRsIbHInX5VhrPy60Q4z8vS4kKj7suzAxJiSj8LZExeEVnpageb6xbB7TL2UKOXrja0YDwYHGUjnwTMUs8X6AE

p0442rdsVawnakqEIe6MVIBwkbpnHMxF0bve_e36p_Fd7MoJVchGzMm3bpWZWicyqse1eFK5iX8cG51KAFI85XGQhkaXG8iwNasZ2dCjiuPB0RpKY9_QhHx-neEP_rTzpEQDmgF1jwj2EF1GdhJmZCQ

Now apply a bead of silicone at the top of the tower and place your water distributor cap on top of the bead. No worries about cleaning this excess up as we will be applying more when putting the top cap on the tower!

u8fpoNP-jZUdDRISzxKQBiB-7uSBrt-2rpm64qaVRg0DKPW8kHj9OWWfGhZEGCvzuZNVyAfcPrnn_e11YCLi-aKoZTRwENptSEjTEaEKZ3qTv31Dgl64NMEf8ARgn0xnJwMJUPEU01Ow5QHur020eF4

RCXf9xagHkI2shKGmOam7YpYRFSsCi0_3FtxWv0jNRtw8VKHF3ClIcmWj1XXj6jIR_CNEjvA57YyC1aYMDAZzk19M8jktWZ4JbxG7KyYmCQHFN_MiVEvAA8VkDhilykjYg0gCZ9OmGcyK4Hc9Q149Ss

Slide the ½” PCV pipe up through the water distributor and put on the ½” PCV coupler. You can use PCV glue or simple run a screw through it so it doesn’t fall out.

XStMyJe8aslKrsX4XKWwcecLRk0Fgs_ftiNlCNcHuP4Zu6zYunx8gPC4yPIcrf_KGJdt5PSCa32gfaZ81mhluNArGRZlYOnZGu2lmlIaDYaVTdiT33HvkaXihRDRGJiyP_xYTNTFIsbSwLw9gfbs27E

LtWmeyNo-sTf1q2U5x3K_ImnTCrHq5fTqgkEgApfZYBPLStCC7-i1DVtoZby89bVZFYE8Ex5PS2Va_UcvwUaL7tN3cmOUw3lhd76qLshiCBJ50yLdy8krT5XDhsjSsb6o2PEmPb9j36xu0PcMm5_Ffg

Next apply another generous bead of silicone around the bottom of the top cap for the tower. Then insert it on the PVC pipe until it comes in contact with the stoppers. Secure the top with 2 screws.

Fg0qoC6RnjddI2uxac7dM6jcfK3twd9Mz5wpjfpnRPplOrwHJMh9vZ7_yv_u4L0LhtCzB2go2Aurkqz92BW2PdMQsxljbPj6zEc_XP4vnxz8xexlT2T3-qaIiX97qhQhdjs9R6ziv5JxWJBwke3MtVo

That’s it! Now wait the recommended amount of time needed for your silicone to set up as indicated on the tube. Mine was 24 hours of dry time.
After that transfer your seedlings into the tower, setup your time and watch your plants grow!

55Ug6O4IQm71BTIik6LWfkfoN5xaRBtT0AcVWHQR_BBqCWwNibEzDye_GRLGevDDqs93z43GK48ovEIhA6GzQhtxNLa6Kon4Xmtdf097N-UGVEzBvFnIb0Tbq43MmUe62ndPhXXslc76v9LALDrIPSY

HeQ1VMSw7-WYBx9S7iWW2CwdR9hv9hM1C4R5RRmhHXd781RXfFg1HRhnlhBuLLEFxw4DFctu2Iy2MSd0f2ByiXi4zzq3NaQHfzhmc3RD5pX7ECMbVxWKtVwrGpbCKFgQUBcEnkI4TPQCQ3rJNaqABPI

*I put my food grade bucket into another darker bucket to limit light exposure

EDITS:
7/18/23 - Added the v2 net cup holder file

10/4/23 - All files have been removed from this post in order to maintain one source which has been uploaded to the "Customizable Aeroponic/Hydroponic Tower" project on Printables.com

TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
UPDATE : I'm currently working on a bucket flange for the threaded bucket lids that Lowes sell. Be on the lookout for that in the files coming within the next few days!

These lids are much more solid and should carry the weight of the tower without the PVC going all the way down to the bottom of the bucket. That's the hope at least. That way there is more room for the pump which is kind of tight unless you get one that can fit inside of the 4" PVC pipe.

1686676301624.png
1686676348447.png

TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
Hey everyone!
Here are the STL's for the threaded bucket lid.
Disclaimer - I have printed this but haven't drilled the lid and dropped it in place to test fit it. So just beware on that. The second file will go under the bucket lid to help stabilize the tower with the bolts/washers.
I wanted to get this up since I know @seesharpist is working on printing his tower and wanted the option out there if it was wanted.

Pics to come once I assemble this. Hopefully happening tonight.

Another quick note. Once the hole is drilled you'll bolt on the flange with smaller bolts in the flange holes that straddle the lid handle to secure it in place. Then put on the bottom bracket and secure that with longer bolts. I'll also use the length bolts I use once I buy them.

The HOPE is that you wont need to have the PVC pipe going all the way to the bottom of the bucket with taller towers since these lids are more sturdy. Anything 5' and shorter should be okay but I'll be going for an 8' tower with this.

1686930279792.png
1688930515272.png

@seesharpist found an issue with the bottom flange piece so I've modified and uploaded the updated version!

This has been uploaded to the project on Printables.com

Last edited:

TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
Hey all!
Here is another option for your tower(s) as requested by @seesharpist! The original Aeroponic Tower Cap is a total of 108mm (~4.25") tall. I made a shorter version which stands a total of 76mm (~3.00") tall.

1687744799786.png
1687744804020.png

NOTE - if you use this shorter version of the top it will not fit the entire 0.5" PVC coupler. You'll need to glue the coupler to the 0.5" PVC pipe and then cut it down so the tower top cap/bolt will screw into place!

Photo below shows the height difference in the original cap vs the short version.

1687746166895.png

Last edited:

TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
I've got another design update for the towers! This time it's for the net cup holders. Version 1 is working well but as the plants matured throughout the season their roots caused a little bit of an issue with water backing up into the net cup and dripping over. This is/was a minor issue that can easily be resolved by wrapping the net cup in something such as aluminum foil, as I posted about awhile back here. So if you printed the v1 refer to that link if you find yourself with that issue. For me it was only the plants that had INSANE root systems.

Anyway, after playing around with the design v2 will hopefully resolve that issue by having a steeper angle. The v1 design had a 55° angle to expose more of the net cup inside of the PVC pipe and v2 features a 45° angle.
When using the v2, be sure you're using a longer net cup to ensure it's exposed into the PVC in order to provide nutrients to the plants.
The 2.75" net cups listed in the supplied section of this guide (also here) work great!

FYI @seesharpist

1689688768114.png
1689688777161.png
1689688781449.png

Last edited:

TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
I just wanted to show an example of the new threaded bucket lid flange. I printed this ages ago it seems and finally built another tower with it. Doing this is MUCH sturdier than using the thin snap on lids. You don't need to have the PVC pipe going all the way to the bottom of the bucket because this lid supports the weight just fine! So this really opens up the bucket so it's easier for pump placement/fitment!

1708106838667.png

1708106847287.png

1708106855829.png

1708106862355.png

ebourlet

Growing Zone
8b (US)
Thank you for sharing a great project. This will be my fist hydroponic system. How do you gather a water sample for testing with this? It would be great if there was a collector cup that inserted in an unused plant port.
I found this one but don't know how to modify it to fit the ports on your tower.

I was printing in Black and ran out. I switched to Yellow but after printing 12 of the holders I realized the yellow is rather translucent and the black blocks all light. I have never done any hydro or aeroponics but reading I see that algae can be a problem if light gets in and read some info that light isn't good for the roots. Should I not use the yellow PETG holders and wait until my order of Black PETG arrives and reprint?

Last edited:

TFro3

Gardening Enthusiast
Staff member
Super Duper Neighbor
Growing Zone
7a (US)
Thank you for sharing a great project. This will be my fist hydroponic system. How do you gather a water sample for testing with this? It would be great if there was a collector cup that inserted in an unused plant port.
I found this one but don't know how to modify it to fit the ports on your tower.

I was printing in Black and ran out. I switched to Yellow but after printing 12 of the holders I realized the yellow is rather translucent and the black blocks all light. I have never done any hydro or aeroponics but reading I see that algae can be a problem if light gets in and read some info that light isn't good for the roots. Should I not use the yellow PETG holders and wait until my order of Black PETG arrives and reprint?
I could probably remix that cup to fit this design. I can work on that for you for sure.

And yeah, I would use filament that's dark. Light getting into the root area will cause algae which is not good.